Thursday, November 15, 2007

So Very Tired

So, about three weeks ago, my doctor diagnosed me with anemia. I was a bit shocked, but it totally made sense to me since I had been so very tired. She prescribed me some iron pills, that my insurance won't cover by the way, so I thought I would start feeling better soon. Of course, I never thought I'd feel great, seeing as my asthma is a constant issue, too, but I thought I'd at least feel a little better.
Alas, I feel no change at all. I did feel okay for a few hours on Wednesday morning, because I had gotten to go to bed at 7:30 the night before, but that feeling didn't last long. By the end of the day I was worn out again. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the holidays feeling like this. I have all of this stuff that I want to get done, like shopping for Christmas, but I just don't have the energy to do much, if any, of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I didn't realize you had anemia Melodie. My mom has it too. Something I heard once was to cook all your food in a cast iron skillet, if you have one. You'll absorb more iron that way. Something to try anyway, and the cost of a cast iron skillet is nothing compared to pills your insurance company doesn't cover! I hope you get some relief soon. It's hard to not feel well this time of year.