Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ultrasound

I had my second OB visit this morning. Because I have been having some mild spotting, the doctor decided to do an ultrasound to check everything out. So, I got to see my baby this morning. The baby is right on schedule as far as size and development goes, so my due date will not be changed at this point. The ultrasound did show that I do have a small subchorionic bleed, so my doctor put me on pelvic rest and wants me to take it easy for a while. We're hoping that it will be reabsorbed into the placenta by the time I have my next ultrasound on the 20th of this month.

I did get a pic of the baby from the ultrasound, but until Phil gets all of my programs back on my computer, I can't scan it to upload it. I will make sure to post it as soon as I can.

4 comments:

What A Card said...

I had a subchorionic hematoma with my twins. I guess it's fairly common, but it is stressful! I hope the spotting stops quickly for you and that the next ultrasound just shows your perfect baby!

Take it easy!

Kelsey said...

I'm glad everything is okay with you and the baby. Taking it easy sounds like a great thing to do, I hope you get lots of help with the girls for that.

Can't wait to see the picture of the peanut!

WheresMyAngels said...

Prayers for your pregnancy and baby.

Make that man wait on you!! lol

Mama T said...

glad you could get that ultrasound you wanted. glad things are good (for the most part)... I know nothing about subchorionic bleeds...? but if the dr. says it's no biggie... that is good news :)