Thursday, September 13, 2007

Overweight

Here's something probably of no interest to anyone but me... I am officially overweight. There, I said it. And I can't blame it on the baby, because I lost pretty much all of my pregnancy weight right away. I have just been overeating and eating fattening foods far too often. So, I have decided that I am going to have to put some effort into shedding some pounds.

I can't afford to pay for a gym membership right now, and even if I could, I doubt I would go. I had a Shapes membership a few years ago, and in the two years I was a member, I went a total of three times. What a waste of money! So, on the exercise front, I think I'm just going to have to get out and walk. With the weather getting ready to cool down some, it should get easier to be outside walking. Until then, I guess I could always go walk at the mall. Of course, I hate doing things like this alone, so maybe I can convince someone to walk with me. Any takers?

As far as the d-word goes, I know that it will be the hardest part. I'm going to have to limit my Coke intake, increase my water intake, and try to cut out the donuts. I'll cut back on my fast-food visits, and try to go without the fries when I do go. And I *might* take a look at my caloric intake, but I'm not making any promises.

So, I think I'm going to set myself a goal weight and date. I'll take an idea from Stacy and choose my birthday as my goal date, which falls the day before Thanksgiving this year. And my goal weight will be 135, which is about where I was before and after I had Katie. After I reach my goals, I will then set new goals, so I can try to lose another 10 pounds.

Now, I just need to get a new scale since my old one was killed during the flood, and then set my plan into action. Wish me luck!

No comments: