Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First Steps

Katie took her first steps!!! After all of the times we have tried to get her to take those precious first steps, and failed to get even one out of her, she just decides to do it on her own. First, she took two steps to my mother, who was over here visiting us. Then, she turned around and took three steps to me. Just like that! With absolutely no prompting!

After we made such a big fuss about it, she just kept on taking steps. Two or three here, four or five there... Walking to me, my mother, Emily. Sarah was on the video camera, so Katie didn't get to try walking to her, but I'm sure she would have if she'd been able to. After I called my Aunt Kathie to tell her about Katie's walking, she came over to see it for herself. And Katie did not disappoint her, either!

I can't wait until tomorrow to see what she does next!

No comments: