Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sick Baby

Early yesterday morning, I was awakened to find that my sweet, sweet baby had her first real illness. Sarah had gotten up just before midnight and started vomiting. After being up for a few hours being sick, she heard what sounded like Katie coughing and went into her room to check on her. It turns out that Katie was vomiting, too. So, she came into my room to let me know what was going on. This was around 4:00 am.

I got up and got Katie out of her vomit-covered clothes and gave her a bath. She loves her baths, and really enjoyed this one in particular. She was just the happiest little thing, so I was hoping that she wouldn't vomit any more. But we weren't so lucky. The vomiting continued until about 11:00 am. Unfortunately for Sarah, hers lasted a couple of hours longer.

Amazingly, Katie was happy as a clam throughout her entire illness. If she didn't stop playing every once in a while to vomit, you wouldn't have a clue she was even slightly sick. Sarah, on the other hand, was miserable the entire time. She was begging me to take her to the doctor, but I told her that there is nothing that can be done about a virus and she would just need to rest and wait for it to pass.

Emily didn't get sick at all - lucky her! And even though Katie vomited on me several times, so far I haven't gotten sick either... Knock on wood!

We were supposed to go to MOSI and Lowry Park Zoo yesterday, but obviously, we had to cancel our plans. Hopefully, we'll make it to the zoo soon, though, because they just opened up the new penguin exhibit, and I can wait to see it.

No comments: