Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

Today is Mothers Day. A day to honor mothers. So where was my daughter, Sarah, this morning? Not here. Not serving me breakfast in bed alongside her sisters. She refused to come home from my mother's house last night, with the promise that she would be home first thing this morning. But after waiting for her and eventually giving up on her, Phil, Emily, and Katie, had to go ahead and give me breakfast without her. And, boy, was I hungry by that time!

Besides my eldest daughter not wanting to spend anytime with me, my Mothers Day has turned out quite nicely. We are broke, and the last thing I wanted was for Phil to spend a lot of money on me. Of course, I didn't exactly want to get nothing either. Well, he found the perfect gift for me. He got me a birthstone child charm to represent Katie. I already had one for each of Sarah and Emily, and I had mentioned to him before that I wanted one for Katie, too. So, I ended up getting something I really wanted, without my husband spending a ton of money on me.

Oh, and when Sarah did finally come home, she also came bearing a gift. My mother took her out to buy me a new memory card for my camera. All I had before today was two 16 MB cards, which don't hold many pictures. My new card holds 1 GB, which at my camera's highest pixel setting holds 680 pictures. Woo-hoo! Now, I won't have to worry about running out of space when we are out taking pictures.

No comments: