Friday, May 25, 2007

Pirates


I took Sarah and Emily to see The Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night. My cousin Kara came with us. Actually she drove us all there, and with the price of gasoline these days, I was grateful!

Since I knew that the movie was sold out, I decided that we needed to get to the theater early so we could get in line for good seats. Little did I know just how early we needed to get there. I got in line more than an hour before the movie was to begin, but the line was so long already, there were at least 100 people ahead of us already. So much for getting the perfect seats - we were lucky to get four seats that were all together. And when they finally released the line to go into the theater at about 7:45, people actually started getting into line for the 11:30 showing. Crazy!

Anyhow, the movie was great, as expected. You can almost never go wrong with Johnny Depp, in my opinion. It was so action packed that it really doesn't feel like you are sitting there for almost three hours. And even though I had what amounted to a "bucket o' coke," I didn't have to miss any of the movie by having to get up to go to the bathroom, and neither did any of the girls. And nobody fell asleep and wasted my money, either. All in all, it was a good night.

My mother babysat Katie for me while we went to the movie. Since she was here so late, and Katie went to bed way before we got home, my bored mother decided to clean up the kitchen and living room. Very nice! She also thoroughly wore Katie out before putting her to bed, so Katie let me sleep in past 8:00 this morning. Also quite nice!

Because we got home so close to midnight, it was well after when I finally made it to bed. After checking my email, I decided to check to see if Sarah and Emily's FCAT scores were available online for viewing yet. They were, and the girls did well, as expected. I would have liked to see slightly better scores from Sarah, but she was sick during testing, and actually took her tests while still not feeling well on make up exam days, so I can excuse the fact that they weren't better. She did still make high scores, with a level 4 (out of 5) in Reading and a level 5 in Math, and there was slight improvement over her scores from last year. Emily also improved her scores, and maintained her level 4's in both Reading and Math that she achieved last year.

No comments: