Thursday, May 24, 2007

School's Out

I have been sick this week. I have been absolutely miserable with a nasty sinus infection. I went to the doctor on Monday and got some antibiotics, but they are taking their sweet time working. I am feeling better, though, but I am nowhere near 100% yet.
Being sick this week has really sucked, too, since it was the last week of school for Sarah and Emily. I couldn't do my usual buying of gifts for the teachers and baking of cupcakes and cookies for class parties. I just didn't have it in me.
Before I got sick, I had agreed to go pick up pizzas and deliver them to Emily's class yesterday. It took everything in me to get up and out of the house with TWO babies - yes, Julianna was here - and go do it. You should have seen me, balancing five pizzas on top of the back shade of my double stroller with two babies in it. It was exhausting enough just getting the babies from the car into the stroller, but then I had to push the heavy thing while balancing the pizzas on top. Oh, what fun!
And for some reason, I couldn't sleep last night. I was laying in bed at 4:00 am wide awake. So, I got up and went to work trying to go back to sleep. I wasn't very successful, to say the least. Tonight, I am taking Sarah and Emily, along with my cousin, Kara, to see The Pirates of the Caribbean III: At World's End. Our tickets are for 8:30 pm and the movie is nearly three hours long, so let's pray that I am able to stay awake through the whole thing. I'd hate to feel like I wasted my $9 sleeping.

No comments: