Friday, May 25, 2007

Zip Code

I am so upset right now! I just opened a notice from the United States Postal Service that states my zip code will change effective July 1st. Can you believe this crap? How can they do this to me? I have been here for 33 1/2 years and now they are changing my zip code?!
They are doing this because of all of the new people moving into town and building houses. So, why can't THOSE people get the new zip code? I live in the old, historic district. I live within walking distance of the original post office, the library, the original pharmacy/sandwich shop, the original elementary school, the original playground. I should get to keep the original zip code!!!
And what about all of my cute Holly Hobby address labels? I have more than 100 left, and I don't send out that much mail. They will be practically useless in just over a month. It's bad enough that I'm going to have to replace my Holly Hobby checks soon because my bank account is being changed from AmSouth to Regions due to their merger. Now, I'll have useless checks and useless labels. Arghh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.