Saturday, December 13, 2008

All Done

I've been baking for the past few days. Those cookies took WAY longer to make than I had hoped. But I got all eight dozen of them finished, packaged, and ready to go in time for the big cookie exchange party at my friend Andrea's house tonight.

The party was a lot of fun. Andrea had this fun little food trivia game that we all played. And while I'm most definitely not a "foodie," I did get a few questions correct and I did have fun playing.

Of course, the best part of all was that we got to not only eat cookies at the party, but I came home with a dozen of each lady's cookies along with the recipes. With four kids in this house, though, the cookies will probably not last very long!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sounds like a great time! The woman in the neighborhood are doing a huge cookie exchange on Tuesday morning and I was considering skipping school to go to it! Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait til I'm older lol.

Tracy P. said...

Eight dozen! That is a lot of candy cane cookies! They are adorable, but I remember them being time consuming from the one time I made them, probably five years ago. But you got a lot of variety back from your efforts!

Mama T said...

my mom loved your cookies by the way, she said they were "very good." My sister said, "Very good? They were friggin GREAT!"

LOL

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Susan said...

Ok, I made your candy cane cookies yesterday too and was real frustrated!!! The receipe is YUMMY. I love the flavor of the cookies. Almond/vanilla is wonderful. HOWEVER, I guess I'm not sizing these cookies right. I wish you would have taken a pic of your patch to show us. I think I made gigantic ones :) And they still took forever. I guess I'm a little to picky and was working way to long to make the right shape candy cane :) AND then, taking them off the cookie sheet, because they were so big really was challenging. So, needless to say, I didn't get that many out of the dough and they were broken :) My teens (and me) gobbled them up. I am just wondering what size you made yours?? And, my husband pointed out that on your directions you say how long to roll out, I think 4 1/2" long. How fat are they? I want to try again later...because they are tasty!!! Go great with coffee.

Melodie said...

Susan, the trick to making the small size cookies is to make sure you only use one teaspoon of each dough for each cookie. I used my Pampered Chef small scoop to measure the dough, because it measures exactly 1 teaspoon. I also use that scoop for making sugar cookies so that they are all one uniform size. I'm OCD like that.
Good luck if you try them again!