Friday, October 10, 2008

Sesame Street Live

This morning, Phil and I took Katie to see Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up. It was a great show, and we all had a great time. We had great seats, too. We were in the fourth or fifth row from the stage, and over toward the side of the stage. I was wishing that our seats would have been a little more central, but once the characters started going off-stage and along the sides of the audience, I was glad we were on the outside.

Because of our location, Katie got up close and personal with some of the Sesame Street characters. The first couple of times, she was very excited about it, but later she was over it and didn't want to interact with the characters anymore.

The show was really cute and entertaining. I did find a problem with it, though. The show was an hour and a half long, with a fifteen minute intermission. I think it would have been a better show for the preschool crowd if they had just made it a one hour continuous show. When they broke for the intermission, Katie was still fully entranced in the show. But after getting up out out of our seats during the intermission, Katie wasn't too thrilled to have to sit back down again for the rest of the show. And it seemed like that seemed to be the case for quite a lot of the other children.

Now, some of you may be thinking, well why didn't you just stay in your seats during the intermission? Well, have you ever tried to get a two year old to sit still with nothing to do for fifteen minutes? Yeah, that's why.

We bought Katie an Abby Caddabby souvenir t-shirt during the intermission. She tried to get us to buy her a Sesame Street mini soccer ball, too, but we didn't want to spend that much money. Anyhow, the smallest size t-shirt they had was a Medium, so I asked what size that translated into. I was told that it was about a size 2-4, but that it ran a little long. When I got home and took it out of its package for the first time, I was surprised by just how big it really was. It seriously looks like it would fit Sarah better than it would fit Katie. I'll have to take a photo of one or both of them wearing it (no, not at the same time!) tomorrow and post them for you to see.

After the show, we went to the mall and had lunch in the food court. Afterward, we went into Old Navy to look around. They are having some good sales right now, and I figured since it was Phil's birthday, we might like to get a new shirt or a pair of jeans or something, but he wasn't even interested. (Party Pooper!) Oh, well - his loss.


BTW: There was no flash photography allowed during the show, so I don't have any photos to share. Also, it's late now (12:23 AM), so I'm not going to take the time to put any links in my post right now. Maybe later. Maybe not.

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

You've been BUSY!! Glad you had fun at the SS show. I was scrolling through and LOVED the picture of Katie asleep in the car in her PEARLS! That is priceless.

Working Mama said...

That sounds fun! What a nice day for Katie! I really wanted to take Patrick but the timing just wasn't right - so oh well, he doesn't know he missed it! It's funny last night I was going on your blog and there was no new post & then I was on Karlise's blog (who has the list of when each person last posted to their blog) & hers showed you had just posted in the last 20 min...but when I went back to your blog - nothing new. This post must have been in limbo temporarily!

Kaycee said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I wish something like that woul dcome here..Cami LOVES Elmo!! Cute shirt too btw :) hehe..just a little bit big.