Monday, October 20, 2008

Who Needs Toys?

I mentioned some of Katie's unusual play items before here. Well, today she was back to her creative play methods.

She started off the morning by emptying the oven drawer of all of the pan lids. She began clanging them together over and over again while cheering, "I'm makin' music!"



This evening, after she helped Sarah put my cans of Coke into the refrigerator, she decided to play "robot" with the empty boxes.



I guess it won't really matter to Katie if we can't afford to buy her presents this Christmas. We'll just get her a bunch of empty boxes to play with.

12 comments:

Wep said...

So cute :)

Wep said...

So cute :)

Karen said...

empty boxes are the best!

Heather said...

Packing peanuts are always a good present too!

Melodie said...

Yeah, Heather, Katie actually played with some packing peanuts tonight, too. She was crunching them up in her hands and then blowing them out into the room. It looked like it was snowing.

Natalia said...

She's so creative! The robot legs are killing me, haha.

My little one had no interest in toys. She played with the cordless phone or TV remote all the time. She still has a thing for buttons. :)

feather k said...

too funny! I love the coke robot legs...very creative!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

that is so creative of her!

Daphine said...

I'll say she's a pretty smart girl to create her own fun. She's a cutie!

Mama T said...

That's hilarious!

Nicole said...

That's the fun part of kids, even they want all the toys, the play more with everything else.

She is adorable.

Mitch said...

I love the robot legs. Too cute!