Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's Cookin'?

Guess what I did last night? It's something that I don't normally do. Give up? Okay, I'll tell you. I cooked dinner. No, really, I did. I made my Souper-Easy Beef Vegetable Soup. Want to know how? Okay, here it goes.

First, you have to get all of your ingredients together. Everything here is optional, but I use the following: 1 pound ground beef, 2-3 pototoes, 1 can each corn, peas, green beans, and a can of Tomato Juice. I made a double batch, so you'll see twice as much in the photo.


You can add other vegetables (carrots, lima beans, etc.) if you like, or remove any that you don't like. It's completely up to you. Vegetarian? Take out the beef.

To prepare this soup, first you'll need to peel, cube and cook the potatoes. If you're in a hurry to eat, go ahead and cook the potatoes all the way through, being careful to not overcook them. If you're not in a hurry, cook the potatoes only about half way.


Next, you'll brown your ground beef just until there is no more red color left. Then drain off the grease.


In a large pot, dump in the potatoes and the beef. Ooh! Look at that steam!


Next, dump in your vegetables and tomato juice. Stir it all together and simmer until potatoes are cooked through.


Now, grab yourself a big bowl and enjoy! Mmmmm...

2 comments:

Holly said...

Mmmmm, vegetable soup with bananas!

Looks Yummy!

Melodie said...

Um, the bananas aren't in the soup. They were just in my kitchen. Sorry, Holly.