Happy February! Since the month of January is over, I thought I'd update you all on my progress on my New Year's Resolutions list. Here we go!
2008 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Get more organized. I've been working on this one. I'm slowly but surely getting there.
2. Clean out closets. This one I've done very well on. I cleaned out all of the extra clothes from the girls' closets, and I just need to do a bit more organizing and they will be completed. I also cleaned out the coat closet in our front room. I still need to work on my closet and the hall and linen closets.
3. Get rid of unneeded stuff. Thanks to the closet cleaning, I have gotten rid of a lot of unneeded stuff. There is still a lot more to get rid of, but at least I am making progress.
4. Win BAMs Blog contest. Oh, yeah! I am still working on this one. There were 10 of us in the contest when it started, and there are six of us still in it now. I still plan to win this thing, even if it takes me all year.
5. Lose weight. Aim for 135. I haven't even begun working on this one, but since I'm planning to give up Krispy Kreme donuts for Lent, that should help with the weight.
6. Break Katie’s pacifier habit. I still haven't started on this one yet either. I'm planning to begin only giving her a pacifier when she takes a nap and goes to bed at night once she turns 18 months. Then in August, when she turns two, we'll try to cut out the bed time pacifiers, too.
7. Drink more water. I've been drinking a little more, but not as much as I would like to.
8. Try to clean more. I've cleaned a lot in my quests to clean out the closets. But as for everyday household cleaning, that hasn't increased much yet.
9. Don’t do crack. Still holding strong on this one. Not one bit of crack. (Not that I would even know what it looked like.)
10. Remember to take iron pills more often. I haven't started on this one yet. I know I should, but it took me a while to even locate my pills, so I think I'll start on this one soon. Maybe even today.
11. Organize recipes and get rid of bulky cookbooks. Well, I haven't gotten around to doing this yet, mostly because I have so many other projects going. But I did go out and buy the binder and plastic sleeves to organize the recipes with, and that's a start.
12. Cook dinner more often. I think I made dinner a couple of times last month. I'm not doing very well on this one, but that's mostly because we seem to have one activity or another almost every night.
13. Get a family portrait taken. Still haven't done this one. I'm waiting until the soccer season is over and we actually have a free weekend.
14. Take charge of recycling. Set up a recycling center. I still haven't done this yet either. I need to go buy some stacking bins like these and clear out a space in my garage to set them up.
15. Organize refrigerator magnets. Nope. Not yet.
16. Make “To Do” lists and try to stick to them. I tried this one and it just hasn't worked out very well for me. I may try it again at some future point.
17. Stop buying stuff we don’t need just because it is “cute” or “neat.” Well, if you exclude baby pajamas, then I'm doing pretty well on this one.
18. Have children pick oranges and give them away to the needy. This one hasn't really come to fruition yet. Phil has been making the kids pick oranges for him to use to make juice with, so there haven't been any left over to donate to any food banks. Maybe he'll get over his little orange juice kick.
19. Get trees trimmed. This one hasn't been taken care of yet. I'm trying to get Phil to trim up the ones he can, but he keeps making excuses for not doing it. Either way, I'm eventually going to need to hire a professional, and I don't know if I'll be able to afford that this year.
20. Take time for myself. Get out of the house by myself at least once a week. I haven't really done anything on this front yet, unless you count going to Jen's Discovery Toys party on Tuesday night. I'll keep trying to work on this one.