Happy New Year!
So, the last time I made a New Year's Resolution was two years ago when I vowed to "lose ten pounds." I found out two days later that I was pregnant, so that was quickly replaced with "try not to gain more than 20 pounds." I almost kept that resolution, until the preeclampsia hit and I suddenly gained several pounds which put me up to a 25 pound weight gain. Oh well, it was all worth it.
Anyhow, I decided to sit down and type out a list of New Year's resolutions for 2008. I'm hoping to be able to keep a few of them. Some will be easier to keep than others. Wish me luck.
2008 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Get more organized.
2. Clean out closets.
3. Get rid of unneeded stuff.
4. Win BAMs Blog contest. Oh, yeah!
5. Lose weight. Aim for 135.
6. Break Katie’s pacifier habit.
7. Drink more water.
8. Try to clean more.
9. Don’t do crack.
10. Remember to take iron pills more often.
11. Organize recipes and get rid of bulky cookbooks.
12. Cook dinner more often.
13. Get a family portrait taken.
14. Take charge of recycling. Set up a recycling center.
15. Organize refrigerator magnets.
16. Make “To Do” lists and try to stick to them.
17. Stop buying stuff we don’t need just because it is “cute” or “neat.”
18. Have children pick oranges and give them away to the needy.
19. Get trees trimmed.
20. Take time for myself. Get out of the house by myself at least once a week.
I'm 100% positive that I'll be able to stick to at least 5-10 of these. The rest will be a challenge, but I'm going to try my best. Do you have any exciting resolutions?
Oh, and before I forget...
Happy 8th Birthday to my dear nephew, Bradley!