Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to Normal

After nearly having a nervous breakdown due to my lack of Internet and cable service, the Verizon tech finally showed up at my house this morning. Amazingly, it didn't take him very long to fix the problem. He told me that he spliced the fiber-optic line back together and that once the drainage project is finished, he or someone else would be back out to put a brand new line in for me.

Here's the wild part of the story. The tech asked me if I had grown up in this area, and of course, I told him that I had. He said that I looked very familiar to him, and through the course of our conversation we figured out that we used to live in the same neighborhood and were friends as children.

I had completely forgotten about him, but once I realized who he was, a flood of memories came back to me. I remembered that he had an older brother. I remembered that my brother Timmy used to idolize this kid (he was older than we were). I even remembered that we had named our very first ferret after this kid.

The funny thing about all of this is that I'm usually the one who recognizes and remembers people. This is the first time in my life that someone has recognized me first.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

Yeah for "back to normal"...are you sure "normal" is the right word for you?? LOL! you know I'm kidding - of course I'm kidding...you're the one with the chainsaw!
andrea