Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not a Good Night Either

Well, Katie did sleep... Eventually. But she was a holy terror all evening, and she refused to go to sleep in her crib or to go to sleep in my bed with me. All she wanted was her Daddy. So, once Phil came to bed with her, she fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep all night long.

Unfortunately for me, Sarah got me up at 4:30 this morning with mouth pain from her dental visit yesterday. Since she's a big baby about taking medicine, I had to get up to force her to take some pain meds. She was in a lot of pain, but we still had some Tylenol with Codeine leftover from her adenoid surgery, so I gave her some of that.

This morning, I told Sarah to take some ibuprofen before she went to school, but she didn't listen to me, and I had to go pick her up from school. I decided to take her back to the dentist to have them look to make sure there wasn't something wrong. There was a band that was cutting into her gums, and it had gotten infected. The tech moved the band and numbed Sarah's gums, so she should be feeling better soon.

Thankfully, we don't have any activities to attend tonight. Hopefully, I can get some rest this evening. Please pray for me. Thanks.


Edited to add: I almost forgot to mention the wonderful thing that Katie did during her reign of terror last night. I laid her in my bed and set my coke down on my night table. Then I went to the bathroom. During the minute that I was in the bathroom, Katie crawled over to my side of the bed, grabbed my coke, and poured it all over my pillow and bed. Phil and I cleaned it up as best as we could, but I had to sleep on scratchy 200 thread count sheets instead of my comfy sheets, and I was not happy about that. Not happy at all!

No comments: