Monday, March 24, 2008

Nothing

My house is so quiet today. Want to know why? Because my favorite construction workers were digging the drainage line in front of my house today and accidentally cut through my Fios line. Apparently, no one ever came out to mark the Fios lines before the construction work began.

So, I am currently without cable, Internet, and phone service. I guess that's what I get for putting all my eggs in one basket with Verizon, huh?

Katie has done amazingly well considering that she has now gone over seven hours without Sponge Bob, Elmo, or Kai-Lan. I, on the other hand, am going a bit crazy without access to the Internet.

Since I look everything up on the Internet, I just recycle my telephone books whenever they drop them off at my house. Not having a telephone book made it a bit difficult to call up Verizon to get them out to repair the line.

Once I got to my mother's house (which is where I am posting from), I called them and they said that they won't be sending anyone out until at least tomorrow morning. Seriously? They expect me to wait that long?!? What am I going to do for television tonight? Don't they know that I have needs? I can't even watch anything I've recorded on my DVR because without the Fios, I can't access any of it.

So, wish me luck when the service tech gets to my house tomorrow. Pray that he will arrive early and be able to fix the problem in a timely manner (as in before I go bat-shit crazy!).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Eeek. That's rough. I'd be at a loss without internet!