Friday, March 7, 2008

Over It

I've been avoiding blogging about this because I didn't want to start getting all negative here, but damn it! I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! I've been sick for at least two weeks now.

At first, it was just a cold (I think) so I ignored it and hoped it would just go away. But that doesn't ever happen for me, so I don't know why I thought it would this time. Usually, for me, a cold will lead to a painful sinus infection, though not much more.

This time, however, it led to so much more than just a sinus infection. It has moved into my throat and lungs, too, which is really wreaking havoc with my asthma. I completely lost my voice for a few days there, too, and the one I have now, is not even my normal voice.

I finally made it in to see my doctor yesterday. I was completely sure when I went in that I was so far gone I would need a shot, antibiotics, and steroids. But, my doctor was being conservative with the meds and only gave me the shot and antibiotics. He told me that if I'm not better in three to four days, then he would give me the steroids.

I hope he's right. I hope I won't have to go back again. But right now, I'm not feeling very confident about it.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I understand how much it pisses you off - there is some crazy junk going around and I can't even tell you the people I've talked to that say they've been sicker this year than ever before. Just be thankful you didn't/don't get the flu on top of it!
Andrea

Melodie said...

I probably would have the flu, too, if I hadn't gotten my flu shot.

Heather said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you Melodie. I'm sick again as well. Olivia had a brief flu earlier this week and now I'm coughing and congested and my ears hurt.

Ok, I'm done complaining. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.