Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Just Don't Get It

I chaperoned a Girl Scout field trip for Emily this afternoon. I wasn't planning on it, but at the last minute, one of the chaperones canceled and they needed another chaperone to help drive all of the girls and nobody else would step up.

While on this field trip, I keep staring at this one girl in her troop who has really, really long red hair. The color of her hair is gorgeous. But for some reason, the girl never gets her hair trimmed. From the looks of her hair, I doubt she's ever had a haircut.


It's not the long hair that I am opposed to. What I dislike about it is the fact that her hair is so unhealthy and stringy. It is broken and nasty from less than half-way down the length of it. I was looking at her hair and thinking how beautiful it could be if only she got a decent haircut.

I just don't understand why this girl's mother feels that this is the best thing for her hair. Is it some sort of religious thing that I know nothing about? Does she really think that this looks good? (And, yes, the mother has the same non-haircut.) I can understand that she wants her daughter's hair to be long, but why not get it trimmed once in a while so it can be both long AND healthy?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Some people just don't care what other people think and looking "good" isn't what's important to them.

Karen said...

Some people just don't care what other people think and looking "good" isn't what's important to them.

Stacy said...

What a pretty color though. I couldn't go to a shelter and not come home with another dog, LOL!! Hope you guys had fun though.

Kandee said...

wow, now that's long hair. I can imagine it's a nuisance to upkeep.