Saturday, July 12, 2008

Christmas in July

I've never been one of those people to celebrate "Christmas in July." Those who know me well, know how much I HATE hearing Christmas carols or seeing Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. But this year is different for me. This year, I have a reason to celebrate and start looking forward to Christmas.

This is the reason behind my change of heart.


This is my new Madame Alexander Heavenly Star treetopper. Isn't she beautiful? Look at that perfect, angelic face. How could anyone resist her?


I am a HUGE fan of the Madame Alexander dolls. I started my collection when I was a little girl, and I am still in love with these beautiful dolls. And I have wanted one of these Christmas treetoppers for several years now. I had considered purchasing one on eBay a few times, but they are so expensive, even the used ones, that I could never justify spending so much money on something for myself while I was supposed to be spending my Christmas money on gifts for the children.

But this year, it was just meant to be. I just happened to walk into a toy shop that just happened to have two different treetoppers in stock when I just happened to have a few extra dollars in my bank account. But even all of those coincidences weren't enough to make me grab my opportunity. No, it was the 20% off coupons that were being handed out during the Independence Day parade that sealed the deal. How could I resist such an awesome find at such an awesome price? I couldn't.

So, now that I have what my heart has been desiring for so long, I just can't wait for Christmastime to get here so I can place her in her place of honor at the top of my Christmas tree. Sorry, cheap Walmart angel, your services will no longer be required here.

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

I LOVE Christmas decorations so you got me there. I have never really been a Mdm. Alexander fan but the angel is really beautiful - she is just so distinctive. Congrats on the addition - hopefully the "old" angel will find work somewhere.

Debbie said...

I personally, am getting excited for the Fall...That is when the weather takes a turn, you feel the coolness coming through and Halloween and all the kiddy things begin. Heck, not kiddy things...I love them...LOL!