Sunday, July 20, 2008

Polish

I started working on a "deep cleaning" of my house Saturday morning. It's basically a major "purge" project that I've been needing to do for a while now. I'm going through my house room by room, drawer by drawer, storage container by storage container, and getting rid of everything that we don't need.

I decided to start with my bathroom Saturday morning. It may be a small room, but it's definitely the most cluttered. Over the years, I've accumulated quite the make-up collection. I used to sell Avon, so some of it is from back then, and I've also been quite the Clinique fan.

What has amazed me the most, though, is the sheer amount of fingernail polish that I found. Would you believe that I found no less than 80 bottles of fingernail polish?!


The crazy thing here is that I rarely wear fingernail polish. Sure, I'll wear nail polish on my toenails whenever I get a pedicure, but my fingernails are almost always bare.

I went through all of the bottles and there are a few that will need to be thrown out. Otherwise, I'm going to let Sarah and Emily go through and pick a couple out for themselves, and the rest will be going away forever.

Stay tuned to find out how many lipsticks and lip glosses I find...

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That is alot of nail polish! I love to have my toes done but I do not wear it on my nails. NO POINT. It just comes off in a few hours from working :-/

Heather said...

Ooooh, sadly enough I'm jealous. I can't wait to get back home and start purging. Must be the nesting. LOL.

I think I narrowed down my nail polish in the last purge, but I've gotta still have 30...of which I never wear any. LOL!