Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kicked Out

Last night (actually early this morning), when I went to go get in bed, I found Phil and Katie sprawled out on the bed, with no room left for me. So, I grabbed my pillows to go sleep on the couch. When I did that, Katie rolled over and cozied up to Phil, leaving plenty of room for me.

So, I placed my pillows back on the bed so I could climb in to go to sleep. But, as soon as I laid my pillows down, Katie rolled back over onto one of my pillows. Not only did she bogart my pillow and my space in the bed, but as she was doing so, she said in the sweetest little voice, "Thank you, Mommy." As if I meant to give her my pillow!

I couldn't help but laugh as I headed out to the couch to sleep.


BTW: I slept terribly last night. That little brat is not going to keep me out of my bed again tonight. She needs to learn to sleep in her own bed all night.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I get that with Jillian still. Usually early morning, when she's up and neither myself or my husband will be able to go back to sleep. I'm the one that gets out of bed for whatever reason, just to come back and she's on my side, sprawled out like she's the queen. Sometimes she lets me in and then other times she tells me "This is my bed" (meaning hers!) Hmmm! When I go on the couch though, its alone time for me, so whoohoo for me!!!

Nikki said...

Little bodies take up so much room! Every once in a while my middle son (7) will come to our room and sneak into bed when I'm dead to the world. I get a crappy sleep also. Him and his dad take up alot of space and blanket.

I am going to go to the couch next time...or his bed :D

Melodie said...

I was just thinking today that we probably should have just moved Katie to a twin bed instead of her toddler bed, that way I could just sleep in her bed when she steals mine. I can't fit in her toddler bed, so my only other option is the couch.