Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why?

Well, it looks like we've entered the "Why?" stage. It officially began this morning. That's not to say that Katie hasn't asked, "Why?" before today; she was just always content with whatever answer she was given.

But all of that ended this morning. This morning, on not just one occasion, but several, Katie wasn't content with the answer she got when she asked, "Why?" So, she kept on asking, "Why?" over and over and over again. Luckily, she's not into the that extremely annoying "Why?" stage where it goes on for hours yet. But she did get up to four times in a row.

And I thought this stage didn't come until around age three. This kid's not even two yet. Oy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I hate to break it to you but Joshua's been doing it for a while now so it must be a 2yr old thing. I've found that if I turn it around on him, he'll stop. For example if he asks "Where did Shawn go?" and I give him the answer and he then asks why, I'll say "why Joshua?" back to him and then he'll usually say "ummm" and that will be the end of it. Sorry for that long run on sentence, lol.

Working Mama said...

Patrick's on the other end. His thing is to say "I know dat". Everything you tell him almost, he says "I know dat". He even says it when he's playing. He has this Leapfrog animal magnet thing where you match the front & the back of an animal and it makes the animal sound, sings & then gives you an animal fact. Well it always starts by saying "Did you know...a baby sheep is called a lamb" and so on. I hear him in there saying to it "I know dat. I know a baba sheep e call a lam. I know dat." No "whys" though! LOL