Monday, June 9, 2008

Bugs

As you may recall, Emily went to the Kennedy Space Center with her Girl Scout troop last Thursday and Friday. They had reservations for two different hotels for the two nights they were staying there because of the other plans they had for their trip. Apparently, everything at the first hotel was just fine. But the second hotel was a different story.

When they checked into the hotel, they just dropped their stuff off and headed out for some more fun. Since they stayed out past midnight, they didn't get a chance to really check out their hotel rooms until the middle of the night when they returned. When they did check things out, they found their rooms to be infested with cockroaches (German cockroaches, according to Emily) AND bed bugs!

So, just after 1:00 am, we received the phone calls that the troop was on their way home because they were not staying in those rooms. Since I had just taken my nighttime, knock-me-out medications at 11:30, I didn't know if it would be safe for me to drive, so Phil went to pick up Emily and my niece, Ashley, who is in the same troop, from their meeting place.

But, that is not the end of the story of bugs. Last night, I received a phone call from Emily's troop leader to inform me that one of the girls who had gone on the field trip had a head full of lice. Ugh! So, according to the troop leader, Emily did not travel in the same vehicle, stay in the same hotel room, or visit the Kennedy Space Center in the same group with the girl with the head lice. Of course, I'm not taking any chances, so I will be personally inspecting every square inch of Emily's head today. And since my niece is at my house again, I will be checking hers out, too. Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Geez,I do not know what to say....Accept, I feel your pain....Obviously...

We are headed to the doctor. Elizabeth's forehead and neck are completely broken out. It was starting prior to us seeing the lice. Her scalp is still burning, etc. But they have to do something about the rash. I even had tried neosporium (sp) last week...

And speaking of two heads, Jillian had it yesterday too...