Friday, June 20, 2008

Stupid People

So, I found this story on another blog, and it really made me mad. Why are some people so "sue happy"? People and their frivolous lawsuits cost the rest of so much money it's ridiculous.

This woman is claiming that the pink heart-shaped rhinestone from her Victoria Secret thong underwear snapped off and shot up and hit her in the eye. She's claiming that she suffered a corneal abrasion that was so bad, she had to miss two weeks of work and will affect her for the rest of her life.

I don't dispute that she was hit in the eye or that it caused a corneal abrasion. However, there is absolutely NO WAY that she would have had to miss two weeks of work because of it. And it is even more unlikely that she would have any kind of permanent damage from said corneal abrasion.

Now, I'm no eye doctor, but I have worked for several of them, and I have also suffered numerous corneal abrasions. Not once did I have to miss any work because of them. When I was in 10th grade, I BURNED my cornea with a curling iron, and even then I only had to miss two days of school. And the eyes heal so quickly, after three or four days, you couldn't even tell that anything had ever happened to my eye. And there is definitely no permanent damage.

This woman needs to get a life and drop this lawsuit. I'd hate for this crazy person to cause me to have to pay more than $25 for five pairs of panties because VS has to cover their losses.

No comments: