Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rude Awakening

Sometime early this morning, Emily's alarm clock went off, and I was forced to listen to Radio Disney blasting across the hall. Eventually, Phil got up to get ready for work, and he turned the radio off. And so, I was once again sleeping peacefully in my comfy, cozy bed.

After a while, Phil came and kissed me goodbye, and went to put his shoes on to leave for work. All of a sudden, there was a loud banging on the front door. I was half asleep, but I heard Phil go answer the door. Then he came to get me.

There at my front door, at the ASS-CRACK of dawn, were two process servers waiting for my signature for some bullshit court papers from my ex's current wife. The bitch is trying to get the child support amount lowered yet again. Apparently, she can't handle the fact that she married a man who has financial obligations other than her. I'm sorry, but he had these obligations before he met you; he had these obligations when he married you; and he'll still have these obligations when you're gone.

No comments: