Friday, June 27, 2008

New Car

We finally got the new car. As you may recall, Phil and I went test driving last weekend, in the rain, and decided that we wanted the Jeep Patriot. We decided which features we wanted to get, and sent the information to our sales guy. He found the car we wanted and quoted Phil a great price.

This morning, Phil's dad came into town and went with Phil to go help negotiate the deal. I was disappointed that I couldn't go with them, but still excited about getting the new car. After a while, I called Phil to see where they were in the process.

That's when he gave me the bad news. The dealership tacked on a $600 cleaning fee at the last minute and wouldn't remove it. So, Phil and his dad walked out of the deal. That's when I started freaking out.

Now that the deal had fallen through, I had no clue what, if anything, Phil was going to come home with. This made me very nervous, to say the least. I was then completely out of the process.

Luckily, a few excruciating hours later, Phil called me to tell me that he had gotten us the exact same car we were looking at originally, but from a different dealership, and with way more options. It was also in the same color that I wanted.

I'll have to post a photo of my new ride tomorrow. There wasn't enough good sunlight to take a photo this evening.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

congrats! can't wait to see it - r u taking it on vacation with you?

andrea