Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dear Fay

I know that you think it's a good time for a visit, but I'm just not so sure about that. You see, Phil is going to be out of town next week, and Sarah and Emily are starting back to school on Monday. I'm already going to be stressed out, and I really don't think that a visit from you, and the chaos that you bring, is what I really need.


Think about Emily. It's going to be her first week at a new school. Her first week in middle school. She's going to have a hard enough time adjusting without having to miss the second day of school because of you.

Now I realize that gas prices have been going down here recently, but I still can't afford to have to pay for evacuation gas. And what if I stay home and lose power? Phil won't be here to take care of that for me. I don't even know how to work his grill to cook food for my girls.

So, please Fay, just stay away. A visit from you now is not good for me.

Sincerely,
Melodie

No comments: