Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Power of Color


This is what my family room looks like now. So, what do you think?

Those of you who have been in my family room know that this is a HUGE improvement, at least as far as space goes. Basically, we got rid of the over-sized coffee table my mother gave us when our smaller table broke, moved the chair to another room, and moved the ottoman over to where the coffee table had been.

But, the change that really makes the difference here is the color I added to the room. I went out this evening and bought some new throw pillows, chenille throw, and table cloth, all in deep red. Just adding that pop of color to the room makes it look like a whole new room.

Now, I just need some new window treatments to complete the room. Oh, well... Another day, another project.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that is incredibly impressive! Looks like a completely different room. Way to go!

Working Mama said...

I love it, Melodie! It looks great! It warmed up the room and taking out the coffee table makes it look so much bigger. I have ALWAYS been a huge advocate of just moving your furniture around. My Mom did that when I was a child - she had a degree in Interior Design and I guess I inherited the need to move furniture around (which frustrates my husband!). If you are looking to make window treatments & you want help, just call me!

Mama T said...

Wow it looks great in there! :)