Friday, August 15, 2008

Nap Time

I don't know why, I don't know how, but I've been sucked into the Olympics this year. I usually only watch the women's gymnastics in the summer and the figure skating in the winter. I really have no interest in any of the other sports at all. This year, however, I've been watching not only the women's gymnastics, but the men's gymnastics, both men's and women's beach volleyball, and swimming. And so, I've been up until at least 1:30 every.single.night.

Needless to say, I've been running on empty (please don't sue me Jackson Browne). I've been like the walking dead. Seriously, it was all I could do to not fall asleep while standing.

Today, after Sarah's violin lesson, I took Sarah and Emily to their grandparents' house so they could take them to see the new Star Wars movie and shopping for school shoes. My mother was watching Katie for me at my house while I was doing all of this. When I got home around 2:00, Katie still hadn't taken her nap, so I sent her in to take a nap with Phil, who had been sleeping all day after working all night.

Once Katie was settled in with Phil, I took advantage of the peace and quiet in the house, and laid down on the couch for a little nap myself. I slept so well. It was wonderful! When Phil woke me up at 5:30, I really wasn't ready to wake up, but I did feel so much better than I had before my nap.

My uncle is taking Sarah and Emily to Busch Gardens tomorrow, so it'll just be me, Phil, and Katie once again. I'm hoping to squeeze in another good nap tomorrow, too.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

What a lucky ducky! When Don works 'til the wee hours (like he's been doing lately trying to meet his deadline on the pond) I call him "Party Boy" since he was up so late. So now we've got you.."Olympic Party Girl" to contend with! I tivo'd some of the Olympics for Matthew but other that highlights on the Today Show..I have yet to watch any!