Friday, January 11, 2008

C is for Cookie

Well, it's that time of year again. Cookie time! Today is the official first day of the Girl Scout Cookie Pre-Sale. Sarah and Emily, as well as the rest of the Girl Scouts in our council, begin taking orders for cookies today. The booth sales won't begin until late February, so don't expect to see Girl Scouts in front of stores before then.

Before I had children, I used to hunt down Girl Scouts so I could buy my beloved Thin Mints. When I got pregnant and found out I was having a girl, one of my first thoughts was that in just a few years, I would have my own personal source for Girl Scout Cookies. Of course, after six years of selling cookies (this year is our 7th year) I'm less and less thrilled about Cookie Time. It's not the cookies that I dislike, but all of the selling and trying to acheive the different prize levels.

Of course, this year, Emily's new troop leader has set a goal for each girl to sell 200 boxes. Yeah, like that's possible. Considering that I have two girls selling, and we have to keep their sales relatively even, that would mean that we would need to sell 400 boxes. I am a SAHM, we live in a small neighborhood, my husband works with a handful of men who don't buy cookies, and there is at least one other Girl Scout in every group we are in. Who are we supposed to sell to?

Anyhow, if you'd like to take pity on me and my girls and help us out with our quest to sell a bazillion boxes of cookies, please send me an email. And for those of you out-of-towners (Do I even have OOT readers?), please support your local Girl Scouts.

Oh, and when you get your Girl Scout Cookies, make sure you visit this website. Or better yet, go there now so you can buy your cookies accordingly.

No comments: