Friday, January 18, 2008

Teen Age

Last night, Emily had a Girl Scout meeting to attend. Since we live about 20-30 minutes away from the meeting site, I usually hang out and wait for the meeting to end. While I was waiting, I ended up playing a marble game with some little girls*. Over the course of our games, the little girls decided that I was a teenager. (Obviously, because adults don't play kid games.)

When my nephew came over to visit me, the one little girl, Haley, told him that I was thirteen years old, maybe fourteen, but that I was definitely a teenager. Can I tell you how much I love this little girl now?

Eventually, Emily came out of her meeting and blew my cover. You should have seen the look on Haley's face when she heard Emily call me "Mom." I had to admit to her that not only was I not fourteen years old, but that I was actually twenty years older than that. So much for being a teenager again!


*And yes, I did kick their little butts in the marble game. Yes, I am that competitive that I wouldn't even let little kids beat me.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

competitive? You??? No way!