Monday, January 7, 2008

To Do Lists

Number 16 on my list of New Year’s Resolutions was to make “to do” lists and try to stick to them. I made my first “to do” list last Wednesday night with things I wanted to accomplish on Thursday. They were all things that I would not need to go outside to do since the weather was so frigid. I saved the “leave the house” stuff for my Friday “to do” list.
I had four things on my little “to do” list for Thursday. Guess how many I was able to cross off the list? That’s right, none. Zero. I was just too darn cold to get motivated to do anything on Wednesday.
I did, however, cook dinner for my family, which is working toward resolution number 12 (cook dinner more often). Of course, I really had no choice in the matter, because there was NO WAY I was going to go out in the cold to pick up dinner.
On Friday, I again had four things on my “to do” list. I did better on Friday than I did on Thursday, but I still only completed two of the four tasks on my list. I just ran out of time. I did get something accomplished that wasn’t on my list, but would have been on a future list, so I guess that’s something.
The only thing on my “to do” list for Saturday was to attend the BAMs Post-Holiday Get-Together. Woo-hoo! I made it, although I was about 30 minutes late getting there. It wasn’t much of a get-together as there were only 3 of us from the group of 18, but the kids had a good time and I enjoyed having the chance to talk to people who I am not related to.
Sunday was another day with no “to do” list, but today’s list had a few items on it. Out of the four tasks on my list, I actually completed all four of them. Yay me! So, it seems that I am getting better at this list making and keeping thing, although I’m sure there will be days here and there that nothing gets accomplished. Oh, well. So is life.

No comments: