Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lowry Park Zoo

Yesterday, Sarah, Katie, and I went to Lowry Park Zoo with some of our friends from our playgroup. It was a lovely day and we all had a great time. Katie is finally getting to the age where she enjoys looking at the animals, so I think we'll be going to the zoo a bit more often so she can learn all about the animals.

Katie and Sarah got up close and personal with a llama.

Katie decided that she needed to get a little closer view of the birds in the aviary.

One of my favorite animals, the meerkat.

Look at how tall those giraffes are!

My most favoritest animal of all, the white tiger. This one is a tiger cub, born back in April.

I also read this article last week about a new exhibit that will house a pair of rare albino American alligators and a water flume ride called "Gator Falls." The new exhibit is scheduled to debut in April, just in time for the 20th anniversary of the Lowry Park Zoological Society.

No comments: