Monday, January 14, 2008

Crazy Cat

If you’re a mom, then you know what it’s like to be followed to the bathroom by a toddler who thinks that it is against the rules for mommies to have any privacy while they are on the toilet. Well, my cat, Bella, must think that she is a toddler, too, because she doesn’t allow me to go to the bathroom by myself either. When I go to the bathroom, Bella always pushes the door open and waltzes right on in to see what I am doing. And if I dare to close the door all the way, she’ll cry and scratch under the door to try to get in.

As a mom, you also know what it’s like to have your children who have been quietly ignoring you for the past half-hour or so suddenly need to have a very important conversation with you the moment you get on the telephone with someone. Bella does the exact same thing. When I am on the phone, she jumps up onto my lap, gets in my face, and starts meowing very loudly. I still haven’t quite figured out if she is trying to get me off the phone or saying, “Hello,” to the person on the other end of the telephone line. Since this happens every time I get a phone call, the people I talk to regularly, have started just going ahead and saying, “Hi Bella,” to her when they hear the meowing.

No comments: