Wednesday, April 9, 2008

F*cktard of the Week

Now, ordinarily I wouldn't name a child F*cktard of the Week, but this punk deserves it. He obviously inherited his F*cktard genes from his F*cktard mother, too.

So, it's no secret that I dislike (to use a much too mild word) my next door neighbors. The wife/mother has never been particularly friendly, but she became an even bigger bitch after her precious son broke into and robbed my house while I was pregnant with Katie. She's a nasty, chain-smoking alcohlic, so I'm not too upset that we're not friends.

Anyhow, back to her F*cktard son. Even though he has a previous history of criminal activity while babysitting his younger brother, the F*cktard mom has apparently decided that he is a suitable babysitter once more. More likely than not, she just doesn't want to cut into her beer & cigs fund to pay for a proper sitter.

Since it is Spring Break around these parts, the two boys are left at home alone all day long while the parents are at work. Today, I am working on cleaning out and organizing my garage in preparation for a garage sale at some point soon. While out in my driveway, I saw the boys and a friend (the accomplice in the break-in) heading out for a bike ride. None of them had on helmets, and the two older boys were sharing a bike.

I yelled to the boys that the little 6/7 year old boy needed to put his helmet on. Then after thinking about it, I realized that the babysitter boy was also still under the age of 16 (yes, I have his birthdate on the police report), so I told him that he needed to put on his helmet, too. He said that he doesn't have a helmet, so I told him that it is also illegal for him to ride his bike in the street without a helmet.

Do you know what the little punk said to me? "I guess I'll just pay the fine if I get caught." If he gets caught! He obviously still has no respect for the law. And apparently, neither does his mother or he would at least own a helmet.

You know, I hate to wish bad things on people, but it would certainly serve these people right if the kid was seriously injured because he didn't have a helmet on. And considering that they have a little bike ramp that he's been using while riding without a helmet (or wearing elbow or knee pads), the chances of him at least breaking a bone or two are pretty good.

No comments: