Friday, April 11, 2008

More on Mom

When I got back up to the hospital this morning, the cardiologist was in mom's room. He said that her ECG had shown that her heart was 50% damaged. They decided to forego the stress test and do an angiogram instead. The doctor wants to see if there are anymore potential blockages or narrowing of her arteries so he'll know what her chances of having more heart attacks are, as well as see if she'll need an angioplasty or a stent to widen any narrowings.

They are doing the angiogram as I type this blog post, so I should know more in a couple of hours. I'll be sure to update as soon as I can.

Thank you to everyone for your support. I have the best friends in the world!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

wow, Melodie...that is disheartening to hear. Again, the positive is that they found it and can hopefully quickly & efficiently help her to avoid any more. We'll keep on praying.
Andrea

Karen said...

Wow, Melodie, I'm sorry you and your mom are going through this. I can only imagine how scary this must be for you. Your mom is definitely in my prayers.