Friday, September 26, 2008

Bad Mommy

I took Katie to a playdate this morning with some friends from my Moms group. The weather was beautiful - low humidity with a nice cool breeze. Since we were already out and about and feeling good due to the weather, I decided to take Katie to the party store to get her Halloween costume. BTW, How sad is it that we have to purchase our kids' Halloween costumes in September if we don't want to get stuck with the crappy leftovers?

Anyway, I knew they would have a bunch of scary decorations in the store, but I guess I didn't realize just how they would affect Katie. My poor baby was so scared of some of the decorations. I had to carry her the entire time we were in the store, and she had her head buried in my shoulder most of that time. I felt so bad, but figured since we were already in there and she had already been exposed to it, we may as well go ahead and get that darn costume for her.

And, that's just what we did. We got the costume and tried it on. It's a little big since the smallest size they had it in was a 3T-4T, but it's not so big that it'll fall off of her. I may have it taken up a bit before Halloween, but it really isn't necessary. And Katie just LOVES it, which is really all that matters in the end.

And who will my dear Katie be dressing up as for Halloween?


Why it's Abby Caddabby from Sesame Street, of course! Katie fell in love with Abby when we saw the Sesame Street show at Sea World back in July, and since we are taking her to see Sesame Street Live in a couple of weeks, I'm sure her love for Abby will not disappear before Halloween.

Now, I just have to figure out where to take her trick-or-treating this year. We've tried our own neighborhood the past few years, but only a couple of our neighbors participate and it's a really long walk for a little girl to only go up to a couple of houses.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Awww, I love the costume! She will look adorable. I know it's kind of far, but you are welcome to come to our house and trick or treat with us in our neighborhood.

Meaghan said...

Beautiful family :)

xoxo
Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

That is such an adorable costume. My 7 year old would have loved that a few years ago!

Anonymous said...

Love the costume!