Friday, September 12, 2008

Woomp, Woomp, Woomp, Woomp

That's the constant sound I heard along with the pounding in my head. It doesn't stop.

I've been getting sicker and sicker as the days have gone on. I finally made it to the doctor today. I probably should have gone in sooner, but I had to wait for pay day to have the $20 for the copay. I could tell by the way the doctor was visibly taken aback when he looked into my throat that he thought I should have come in sooner, too.

The verdict? Nothing really out of the ordinary, at least not for me. A major case of sinusitis, a bit of bronchitis (made worse by my asthma), double otitis media, and some nasty pharyngitis to round it all out. If you're not up on your medical jargon, that means that my sinuses, lung, ears, and throat are all infected. That's basically my entire respiratory system. Fun times!

Now, I'm going to go beg Sarah to stop banging out "Axel F" on the piano so I can lay down and wait for the headache drugs to kick in.

7 comments:

Working Mama said...

Ouch, ow, wow & oooooh. I am sorry you are SO sick! Yikes...what did those children DO to you???? I hope the drugs kick in and you get some rest & recovery this weekend!! Lock that piano up somewhere!!

Heather said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, Melodie!

Mama T said...

Jeez. Hope you feel better.

Debbie said...

I hope you feel better...I know that feeling and its just far from fun! Rest, rest, rest and let the girls and Phil take care of you this weekend...

Anonymous said...

YyyyOUCH! Hope you feel better quickly Melodie!

Heather said...

From one sick mama to another - sending you some cyber-chicken noodle soup and hopes for lots of peace and quiet so you can rest!

Feel better soon! I'm headed back to bed now, myself, kachoo!

Working Mama said...

feeling any better today, Mel??