Sunday, September 28, 2008

Long Sunday

We had to get up early to get to church in time for the religious education registration and orientation. Once we finished with that, Sarah wanted us to talk to the youth group director about a planned service trip to New Jersey this summer. I told her that she couldn't go because we couldn't afford to send her. But after speaking to the youth group director, she assured us that whatever funds we couldn't come up with, the church would cover for us.

AND, she invited Emily to join them on the trip. She said that technically, the children who attend are supposed to be at least 12 years old, but that since Emily would only be about a week shy of her 12th birthday when they go on the trip, she didn't see why she couldn't go, too.

So, both Sarah and Emily may be going to New Jersey for a week this summer. Maybe I can send Katie to stay with my mother for the week and have myself a little vacation of my own. I might even let Phil take the week off from work and join me. You know, so he can rub my feet and feed me grapes - but not in that order (eww!). Aah... A girl can dream, can't she?

So anyway, back to my long day. This afternoon, we had to attend my BFF Michelle's daughter Julianna's third birthday party. The party was fun, especially for the kids, and it was good to see everybody that I only get to see on these sorts of occassions, but unlike the past few days, the humidity was back, and I could barely breathe in the muggy heat.

After the party, we drove over to Costco to get a new membership. We had a membership there a few years ago when they first opened the store in our area, but we let it expire since we also had a Sam's Club membership. But since we are trying to cut down on our food costs, we decided that buying in bulk might be the way to go, and it would be worth investing in the membership again.

After we left Costco, we drove the girls home and fed them dinner, and then Phil and I headed back out to search for a new monitor for my computer. My old monitor has been on its deathbed for a while now and has recently taken a turn for the worse. Of course, who could blame it? It was older than all of my children, and we were truly surprised at how long it has lasted.

We started our search for a monitor at Walmart because Phil was convinced that we could find a really cheap one there. He was wrong. Their cheapest one was nearly $200. Then we went to Best Buy because we had seen a couple in their ad today for $159.99. They had two for that price, but the one that we liked better didn't have any boxes underneath the display model. Luckily, I noticed that there were several of them underneath the display model of the other one, so I was able to get it.

On our way home from Best Buy, we stopped at Super Target to pick up some Coke and milk because we were out of both. While we were in the store, we stopped in their computer section to see what sort of prices they had on monitors. They only had two different models, and one of them was the same as the one we had just purchased. Of course, Target's price was $70 more than what we paid at Best Buy, so we were very happy with our deal.

So, yeah. Long day. Even longer when you factor in me having to wait for Phil to set up my new monitor and install my new keyboard (can you believe my keyboard went on the fritz yesterday, too?!) so I could finally check my email, and blog all about my long day. But now that I'm finished, I'll be able to go to sleep soon.

Goodnight, John-boy.


Andrea said...

Well thank goodness tragedy was averted & your new monitor & keyboard were installed - I don't know what I'd do if I were completely without compter. Can you say WITHDRAWL? Well I'm sure I could muddle through but it would be a really tough few days for sure. Glad you are set to go though!

Andrea said...

Let's get the 2 y/o's together soon too!