Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not Happening

I've had this intense need to purge lately. No, I don't mean in the bulemic way. I mean clearing my house of all the clutter and excess crap we don't really need. I've been slowly getting rid of things through eBay and Craig's List, but it hasn't been enough to really see any difference.

Last night, I sold a crib to someone through Craig's List and made $100. That little profit, coupled with the gorgeous weather we've had today, prompted me to want to have a garage sale this weekend to continue the purge and increase the profits. So, I went out to the garage to get started on organizing all of my stuff for my garage sale.

After working in that hell hole for about an hour and a half, I came to the conclusion that a garage sale this weekend is just not happening. There is absolutely NO WAY that I am going to be able to weed through everything that is in there all by my self. Phil has got that place stuffed so tightly, with crap just shoved any place he could fit it, that I can barely move one thing without ten other things crashing to the ground (or on top of me).

So, whether he likes it or not, Phil is going to be working with me in the garage all day on Saturday. If we can get it all organized this weekend, then we can have our garage sale next weekend instead. Let's just hope my motivation doesn't disappear before Saturday.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Congrats on the Saucy nod! :) I have a love/hate relationship with yard sales! Good luck!

Heather said...

Good luck!