Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Library Frustration

I have been trying for over an hour to log on to my girls' library accounts on the library's website. I can't even get to the page to try to log on. It's driving me nuts!

Sarah and Emily have overdue library books. I tried taking them to the local "branch" library down the street today to put in the drive-thru book drop. I say "tried" because I was unsuccessful. Why? Because unlike the less local "regional" library, the local "branch" library locks their drive-thru book drop during business hours. I'm sorry, but it's just not convenient for me to park my car, get my cranky toddler out of her car seat, drag said toddler and the library books into the library to return them, and then strap the cranky toddler back into her car seat.

Did I mention that the toddler was also hungry and demanding "chicken nugget fren-fries" at the time?

So, back to the whole library website thing. I need to find out how much the late fees are going to be for these overdue books. That's all I want. Why must they make me suffer like this?

So, I'll try again tomorrow to return the books. My mother will be here to watch Katie for me, so going inside won't be as much of a hardship then.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just tried and can't log on either. Hmmm?

Better luck tomorrow!

Mama T said...

Yeah, that's annoying.

The Librarian told me a couple of weeks ago that their new late fees are $0.20 a day per book. Remember when it was like $0.05??