Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Conversation with Phil

A couple of days ago, Phil noticed the necklace I was wearing and began questioning me about it. The necklace in question is a lovely diamond heart pendant.

Phil: Where did you get that necklace?

Me: That's none of your business.

Phil: None of my business? My wife is suddenly wearing a new necklace and it's none of my business?

Me: Yeah.

Phil: Who gave it to you?

Me: No one.

Phil: Did you buy it for yourself?

Me: Like I can afford to just go out and and buy myself a diamond necklace.

Phil: Well, where did you get it?

Me: None of your business.

Phil: Have you always had it?

Me: No.

Phil: Why won't you just tell me where you got it from?

Me: Because it's none of your business.

Phil: Did you get it from your mom?

Me: Yes.

Phil: Why wouldn't you just tell me that? You were just going to let me believe that some other man bought it for you. How could you torture me like that?

Me: How could you not notice that your wife is wearing a new diamond heart necklace for the entire two or three weeks she's been wearing it? Shows how much attention you pay to me.

Phil: Oh, have you been wearing it that long?

Me: Yes.

1 comment:

Karlise said...

Guys are just clueless sometimes!