Monday, May 26, 2008

Mobile Blogging

Here I am, once again, blogging from the interstate. We drove to Ocala to spend Memorial Day with my mother and former/future step-father. Yes, that's correct - former AND future step-father.

My mother and step-father (we'll just leave off the former/future labels) have already been married to and divorced from each other twice. But, after many years, they are finally back together again and planning to remarry. Some people may be skeptical about them getting remarried, but not me. Now that she is older and in her fifties, I think my mother realizes that she is no spring chicken and it's finally time to settle down. And you know, the third time's the charm, right?

So, anyway, we had a really good day. It was nice and relaxing, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I got to see my ex-con former/future step-brother for the first time in many, many years, and meet his two youngest children, who are a couple of gorgeous little girls, by the way. I also got to meet his "babymama", who was very quiet, but seemed nice enough. My step-brother was in and out of prison for many years, but he seems to have finally gotten his life together and is a regular upstanding citizen now.

I played a nice game of horseshoes with my step-brother, my uncle, and some big, burly tattoo-covered man whose name escapes me right now. I didn't do very well at first, but I eventually got up to speed. I just hadn't played horseshoes in a long time and not on the full forty foot set-up. I do have a funny feeling, though, that I may have a sore arm tomorrow when I wake up. Hopefully, not though.

Well, we're pulling into our neighborhood now, so I must sign off. I will say, though, that blogging on long car trips certainly makes the time go by rather quickly.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Remember to take the time to pray for our soldiers who have given their lives for our country. We truly do live in the Land of the Free, because of the Brave.

No comments: